When applying for summer positions, please be aware that:
- All references will be followed up.
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily.
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required.
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be employed in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- Appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks may be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- We are committed to valuing diversity. In keeping with our equal opportunities policy, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
- We enrol students under the age of 18. The law classifies these young people as children, as a consequence we have implemented a number of safeguarding systems and procedures during the recruitment process, and in general.
- We require all applicants have a general knowledge of Child Protection issues and good practice, particularly relating to professional obligations on safeguarding the welfare of each child (and avoiding guarantees of confidentiality in any disclosure). Also, the ability to create effective rapport and a sound relationship with pupils, earning their respect and trust but maintaining proper professional boundaries (by not deliberately courting popularity or friendship).
All employees will be expected to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and should be reminded that providing any false information is a criminal offence.
Please note that by applying for a
position with us you are agreeing to abide by our Child Protection Policy.
For Senior Teacher, Teacher, Senior Activity Leader,
Activity Leader, Transport Coordinator, Centre Administrator or Student Welfare Officer positions
For Centre Director, Director of Studies, Activities Manager, Assistant Director of Studies
and Welfare and Accommodation Manager
Fast Track Application
If you worked for us in 2012 you can speed up your application
by completing this form. This form is suitable for any
Staff Referral Form
Returning staff can complete this form to refer new staff members.
Staff Referral Form Guidelines
Information and guidance about how to fill in the form, and the referral process.
For your convenience every effort has been made to provide these documents in
universal standard formats. You will need to ensure that your computer has
Adobe Acrobat Reader or Microsoft Word
Stafford House Study Holidays is a division of Cambridge Education Group Limited | Registered in England 2354796. Registered Office: Kett House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH UK. 2010 | Cambridge Education Group Limited. All rights reserved