Why Should you Work for Stafford House?
- We are a British Council accredited language school. Accreditation means that our standards and procedures are thoroughly checked by the British Council on a regular basis.
- We have high standards in student welfare and our procedures for looking after young people in our care are amongst the best in the industry. Please see our Child Protection Policy.
- We have a reputation for delivering a high quality programme and we are keen to maintain this. We are constantly striving to improve our standards.
- We have a tried and tested syllabus that focuses on communication skills, using a range of in-house materials. For an example syllabus click
Training and Support
- All new staff are given a full day's induction at the start of their contract. The induction covers student welfare, health and safety, site orientation and job specific duties and responsibilities. This is a paid day.
- We welcome newly-qualified teachers and provide full support and training for them.
- We provide all staff with a staff handbook, as well as job specific manuals.
- We provide ongoing training in the form of weekly seminars and workshops.
- Head Office is contactable at all times and would be pleased to answer any queries.
Pay and Conditions
- We pride ourselves on our transparency and freely advertise our pay and conditions, including the number of hours you are expected to work.
- We believe in being honest about the lengths of contract we can offer and so we will only offer you the work we know we can give you at the time and in good faith.
- We place a high importance in providing references for staff to prospective employers on demand.
- We offer generous loyalty bonuses to all staff who work for us for two summers or more, as well as experience increments for qualified teachers.
- Staff accrue pro rata paid holiday throughout the term of their employment and will be paid for unspent holiday at the end of their contract. This is on top of the quoted salary - we don't believe in quoting it as part of the gross pay.
- You will have one full day off in seven.
- We use high quality venues for our summer centres - university campuses and private boarding schools - which have excellent facilities.
- Stafford House School of English in Canterbury, London and Brighton employs teachers year-round. Contact Recruitment for further details.
- We will always be pleased to provide a reference based on your appraisal and your experience with us during your summer employment.
Stafford House Study Holidays is a division of Cambridge Education Group Limited | Registered in England 2354796. Registered Office: Kett House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH UK. 2010 | Cambridge Education Group Limited. All rights reserved