How to apply for a job with Stafford House
1. Check the recruitment website for job descriptions, pay and conditions, and centres.
2. Read the job descriptions and check that the job is suitable for you.
3. Decide which centres and positions you would like to apply for. If you are applying for a teaching position, please check our guide to acceptable teaching qualifications. Remember that we offer contracts of varying lengths - so the centre dates are not necessarily the dates of the contracts we offer at that centre.
4. Click on the "Apply Online" button in our "Apply" menu to access our online application form.
5. Alternatively, you can download and complete an application form. Please make sure that the application form is FULLY completed and that there are no unexplained gaps in your employment. Email, post or fax this back to us. Please be aware that a CV alone is not sufficient.
6. We will acknowledge receipt of your application form and will contact you within fourteen days if you have been invited to an interview. If you do not hear from us within fourteen days, please assume that your application was unsuccessful at this time.
7. References will be taken up before interview, if you have agreed to this in your application form.
8. We normally hold telephone interviews for non-management staff, though if you live close to Canterbury, we would be pleased to conduct a face-to-face interview.
9. For management staff, we would usually hold a preliminary telephone or video interview and then a face-to-face interview in either London or Canterbury. Otherwise, we would invite you to take part in a second telephone or video interview.
10. If you have not been successful, you will receive notification of this within fourteen days of the interview.
11. If you have been successful, you will receive an offer of employment. After you have accepted the offer and its terms, you will be sent a contract pack, including a provisional contract and other paperwork that we will need you to complete. Please sign the contract, complete all the forms, and post everything back to us, along with any documents required. These would normally be copies of your teaching qualification and degree (if applicable), proof of your right to work, such as your passport, plus your visa or work permit if applicable, and ID documents for your DBS check or PVG membership, if you have been asked to complete such a check. You will need to bring the originals of all your documents with you when you start work.
12. If you have been selected for an Enhanced DBS check or PVG membership, we will send you the appropriate application forms and information sheet on how to complete the form with the contract. If you have been selected for a check and you have been living overseas for the last six months, you will also need to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (COGC).
13. A few weeks before the start of your contract, "joining instructions" will be posted on this website. These will give you details on how to get to the centre. Refer to our page on what to do when starting work with Stafford House.Click to find out the advantages of working for Stafford House